Spielberg, EN runganSport — Italian rider, Francesco Bagnaia managed to come out as the winner in the Austrian Moto2 race which was marked by many grabbing positions one on Sunday (12/8).
The second podium belongs to the Portuguese rider, Miguel Oliveira, who loses right at the final corner.
While the three-time podium belongs to another Italian rider, Luca Marini, who managed to name Spain’s Alex Marquez.
Interestingly, Bagnaia’s victory this time was very similar to the Ducati Team rider’s victory, Andrea Dovizioso when defeating last year’s Repsol Honda rider Marc Marquez on the same circuit, the same place, the same bend with a very identical style.
Even more interesting, both Bagnaia and Oliveira immediately shook their hands after crossing the finish line even though they had previously fought each other’s positions very brutally.
Race Results Red Bull Ring, Austria Moto2 2018
- Francesco Bagnaia, SKY Racing Team VR46 37m 45.914s
- Miguel Oliveira, Red Bull KTM Ajo
- Luca Marini, SKY Racing Team VR46
- Mattia Pasini, Italtrans Racing Team
- Jorge Navarro, Federal Oil Gresini Moto2
- Brad Binder, Red Bull KTM Ajo
- Marcel Schrotter, Dynavolt Intact GP
- Joan Mir, EG 0,0 Marc VDS
- Fabio Quartararo, (+)Ego – Speed Up Racing
- Iker Lecuona, Swiss Innovative Investors
- Romano Fenati, Marinelli Snipers Team
- Danny Kent, (+)Ego – Speed Up Racing
- Andrea Locatelli, Italtrans Racing Team
- Stefano Manzi, Forward Racing Team
- Tetsuta Nagashima, IDEMITSU Honda Team Asia
- Khairul Idham Pawi, IDEMITSU Honda Team Asia
- Dominique Aegerter, Kiefer Racing
- Steven Odendaal, NTS RW Racing GP
- Joe Roberts, NTS RW Racing GP
- Jules Danilo, Nashi Argan SAG Team
- Niki Tuuli, Petronas Sprinta Racing
- Bo Bendsneyder, Tech 3 Racing
- Isaac Viñales, Forward Racing Team
- Alejandro Medina, SAG Team
- Xavi Cardelus, Team Stylobike
- Lorenzo Baldassarri, Pons HP40
- Alex Marquez, EG 0,0 Marc VDS DNF
- Sam Lowes, Swiss Innovative Investors DNF
- Federico Fuligni, Tasca Racing Scuderia Moto2 DNF
- Simone Corsi, Tasca Racing Scuderia Moto2 DNF
- Remy Gardner, Tech 3 Racing DNF
- Augusto Fernandez, Pons HP40 DNF (DN/eV)